The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) recognized 21 Pennsylvania hospitals, including 10 locally, for their stellar performance ensuring patients’ safety.
The Excellence in Patient Safety Recognition program honors Pennsylvania’s top-performing hospitals that have demonstrated low rates of health care-associated infections. The 2022 honorees were selected based on their performance during 2021.
“HAP is proud to recognize the hospital teams and leaders who demonstrated extraordinary work to protect patient safety—even as they were strained by the COVID-19 pandemic and a historic health care workforce crisis,” HAP President and CEO Andy Carter said. “These talented teams exemplify the commitment that all health care professionals make to ensuring patients receive safe and high-quality care.”
The local 2022 Excellence in Patient Safety Recognition recipients are:
- Geisinger St. Luke’s Hospital
- Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono
- St Luke’s Hospital – Lehighton Campus
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Allentown Campus
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Easton Hospital
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Monroe Campus
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Sacred Heart Campus
- St. Luke’s University Hospital – Bethlehem Campus
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Anderson Campus
- WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital
HAP identifies top-performing hospitals using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network. To be recognized, hospitals must perform better than the mean standardized infection ratio in three key measures: central line-associated bloodstream infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, and Clostridioides difficile infections. The program is open to all hospitals across the commonwealth.