Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) held a ribbon cutting for the competition of Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Hecktown Oaks Phase 3 construction project in Lower Nazareth Township.
The expansion includes an intensive care unit (ICU) for patients over 18, which will open next month and a Healing Garden, which is open.
The state-of-the-art intensive care unit includes eight ICU beds and 12 progressive beds that allow physicians to triage patients before moving them. The ICU beds are in private rooms with bathrooms. Each room features a 55-inch television with 24/7 telemedicine capabilities.
Throughout the ICU there are strategically placed Indigo-Clean lighting and HEPA filters as well as UV lights within the rooftop HVAC system to control and eliminate bacteria.
“The health and safety of our community was at the forefront of the design of the ICU at LVH–Hecktown Oaks,” said Dr. David Burmeister, LVHN’s chair of Emergency and Hospital Medicine. “In the event that you or a loved one needs emergency care, or requires high-level care in the intensive care unit, you will be in good hands at LVH–Hecktown Oaks.”
The Healing Garden, built with a donation from the John and Margaret Post Foundation, provides a space for quiet meditation and reflection for patients and visitors. The infusion bay windows, and some inpatient rooms were designed so that patients would be facing the Healing Garden.
Additional services provided at LVH–Hecktown Oaks include:
- A Diagnostic Care Center with imaging services, lab medicine and cardiac diagnostics, including the Multitom Rax precision X-ray technology. This technology limits unnecessary radiation while allowing for easy scanning of the patient to avoid excessive movement if in pain or due to limited mobility.
- Four surgical suites for procedures with Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence experts, including use of the latest generation da Vinci Robotic System
- A 24/7 emergency room with a dedicated space for children
- Private inpatient rooms, each with private bathrooms, telehealth capabilities and a 55-inch flat screen TV
- Cancer services through Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute, which is part of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Alliance
- Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute cardiology and cardiac diagnostics
- Breast Health Services
- Complete bone, joint, spine and sports medicine care with Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute
- Outpatient rehab
- Family medicine
Amenities include a meditation room, market bistro, valet parking and smart car charging stations.
A helipad is currently under construction and will be for transferring patients with more emergent needs. An LVHN MedEvac helicopter will not be based at the site.