UGI Utilities Inc. said it will be restarting a number of natural gas main replacement projects in the Greater Lehigh Valley and Berks regions.
The projects are part of the company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative that were put on hold because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The utility said the projects will be conducted with a modified construction schedule and will focus initially on projects that replace gas mains located in the street allowing workers to limit interactions with customers and to reduce the need to enter customers’ homes.
Work that does entail entering customer’s property will be rescheduled for a later date to help with social distancing.
UGI said it will contact any affected residents when the work is scheduled and access to properties is required.
UGI construction activity will start on the following projects the week of May 4:
- The 2000-2100 blocks of Ferry Street in Wilson Borough;
- The 400 block of South 20th Street and the 1900 block of Freemansburg Avenue in Wilson Borough;
- The 2800-2900 blocks of Middletown Road in Bethlehem;
- The 1900-2100 blocks of Allen Street, the 500-600 blocks of North Saint Elmo Streets, and the 600 block of North 20th Street in Allentown;
- The 1200-1600 blocks of North 12th Street and the1100-1200 blocks of Marion Street in Reading;
- The 100-200 blocks of Greenwich Street in Reading.
Construction activity will start on the following project the week of May 11:
- The 2300-2400 blocks of Butler Street in Wilson Borough.
- The 1600-1800 blocks of Hampden Boulevard in Reading;
- Apple Alley from Franklin Street to Cherry Street and the 200 block of Cherry Street in Reading;
- The 500-700 blocks of Weiser Street, the 500-600 blocks of McKnight Street, the 100 block of Greenwich Street, and the 100 block of Oley Street in Reading;
- The 300-400 blocks of Pine Street, the 300 block of Sunset Road, and the 400 block of 3rd in Reading.
Construction activity will start on the following projects the week of May 18:
- The 1500-1900 blocks of Lehigh Street, the 1600 block of Spruce Street, and 16th Street in Wilson Borough;
- The 700-900 blocks of Fernwood Street, the 700-900 blocks of Wood Street, and Garrison Street in Bethlehem;
- The 900 block of North 7th Street in Allentown;
- The 2100 block of West Allen Street, the 500-600 blocks of North 22nd Street, and the 500-600 blocks of Lucas Street in Allentown;
- The 2300-2400 blocks of West Allen Street, and the 600 block of North 23rd Street in Allentown;
- The 1800-2200 blocks of West Highland Street and the 800-1000 blocks of North 18th Street in Allentown;
- The 800-900 blocks of North 21st Street, the 200 block of West Greenleaf Street, and the 900 block of St. Elmo Street in Allentown;
- The 300-400 blocks of Diamond Street, the 300-400 blocks of East Kleinhans Street, and the 300 block of East Berwick Street in Easton;
- The 100 block of East Milton Street, the 100 block of West Milton Street, the 100 block of West Lincoln Street, the 500-600 blocks of Folk Street, and the 600 block of James Street, and Saint Johns Street;
- The 800-1100 blocks of Locust Street in Reading.
UGI said it will perform all work with enhanced safety protocols consistent with orders issued by the Wolf Administration.
Construction work will typically occur between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.