Northampton Community College is offering programs for those looking for a new career and those currently employed.
A 10-week Industrial Maintenance Training Program will provide participants with the skills needed to fill entry-level positions for Lehigh Valley and Pocono businesses and embark on a new career with an average starting salary of up to $25/hour.
A 10-hour or 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training class will provide current employees with the knowledge to avoid workplace injuries and illnesses, and in turn, save their company costly fines, legal issues and lost productivity.
Participants in the Industrial Maintenance program will gain foundational skills in manufacturing including OSHA 10-Safety training, blueprint reading, electrical and mechanical fabrication, introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and so much more.
The program is funded by a grant from the state Department of Community and Economic Development and free of charge for qualified candidates.
Free in-person information sessions will be held at the Fowler Family Southside Center, 511 E. Third Street, Bethlehem. 1st Floor, Room 114, on:
• Tuesday, August 24 at 10:00 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 1 at 1:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, September 7 at 10:00 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 15 at 11:00 a.m.
Two programs for the General Industry Outreach Training are available.
• OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Outreach Training Program, Mon. – Tues., Aug. 30-31, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., $150.
• OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach Training Program, Mon. – Thurs., Sept. 13-16, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., $450.
For more information visit: https://www.northampton.edu/industrial-maintenance.htmd