Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Netizen lands $4.8M Army cyber security contract

Stacy Wescoe//January 23, 2019

Netizen lands $4.8M Army cyber security contract

Stacy Wescoe//January 23, 2019//

Listen to this article

Max Harris, Netizen’s chief of business development, said the funds are a one-year bridge contract to help the company and its subcontractors complete security engineering and validation work to ensure that military information technology infrastructure is secure and protected from a variety of cyber threats.

The company previously had been awarded a $9.9 million, five-year contract to perform the work, but Harris said the funds were used up within the first two years, because of the volume of the work needed and the additional contract was needed until the Army could put out a re-compete for a longer term contract.

“Our goal would be to keep the work longer term as well,” Harris said.

He said Netizen and its subcontractors are in the process of hiring several new employees as a result of this new contract.